Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-18 01:19:13

Jürgen Hunold wrote:
> Hi Volodya !
>
> An'n Freedag 17 November 2006, 07:28 hett Vladimir Prus schreven:
>> On Friday 17 November 2006 00:14, Juergen Hunold wrote:
>>> Is there a way to prevent BJam from re-linking all executables ?
>>> Maybe marking them as "temporary" targets ?
>> Just like is done in the patch? ;-)
>
> Well, I admit I did not take a look at it ;-))
> I just observed the results...

The results are still not as expected. This change seems to be the cause
of the new Python errors. The symptom is that on a single tester running
multiple toolsets causes errors like:

Run output [2006-11-17 22:21:57 UTC]:

C:\Python\2.3\python.exe: can't open file '..\libs\python\test\args.py'

EXIT STATUS: 2

What I observed when trying to replicate this is that doing:

cd libs/python/test
bjam --v2 toolset=msvc-8.0 args
bjam --v2 toolset=msvc-8.0 args

Causes the second bjam invocation to fail with:

error: Unable to find file or target named
error: 'args.py'
error: referred from project at
error: '.'

This is because the first bjam invocation succeeded and deleted the
"args.py" file! To say the least this is not good :-) According to Dave
it should be delete the "args.pyd" file which is the module it
generated, not the python program.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com