Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-06 16:12:00

On Thursday 04 January 2007 11:48, Thomas Witt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is the status of the 1.34.0 release as I see it. I'll update it
> on a roughly weekly basis. The main purpose of this is to make people
> aware of outstanding issues and maybe motivate some volunteers.
>
> Well by now everybody should have noticed that the beta release did
> not happen before new years. Lets try the same thing for 2007 then.
> That being said we are slowly inching forward. Some of the issues in
> the last report have been fixed. For a (probably incomplete) list of
> things please look at the end of this message
>

> New Issues
> **********
>
> - build
>
> Possible documentation issue. http://article.gmane.org/
> gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/152751. No known fix.

All errors except for one are fixed. The remaining one is some
docbook/XSLT quirk that does not seem to affect the result.

> Build
> =====
>
> - v2 transition
>
> There still seem to exist vestiges of the old build system in
> some places. See here:
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.build/14768
>
> This issue is unresolved as of now. We are seeking help and input.

FWIW, I've just grepped for "bjam" over RC branch. I attach the list of
files that possibly need update. There's one fille that really should be updated
-- separate_compilation.html.

As far as various library docs are concerned, I believe it's a mistake for
those docs to describe building at all, and the docs better refer to the
getting started document. That said, updating the docs should not require
any deep bjam knowledge beyond:

   http://boost.org/boost-build2/doc/html/bbv2/advanced/differences_to_v1/build_process.html

> tools/build/v2/example/make/main.cpp.pro:
> *N* name contains more than one dot character ('.')

Fixed now.

- Volodya

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com