Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-22 12:28:59

Roland Schwarz wrote:

>> I feel that if a library author is willing to devote effort to backward
>> compatibility he should rather be encouraged than hampered.
>
> Humm, yes. But why put the load on the regression runners then?
> Regression runners mainly contribute CPU cycles, not development. Isn't
> this the duty of the library author to make everything as smooth as
> possible? Preparing a suitable run of regressions is part of these
> duties. Not?

I think it would be good to have a scheme where all possible setup
for regression runners, except for the set of installed compilers,
is centrally managed, so that regression runners won't ever
have to tweak anything at all. Or better yet -- won't be able
to change anything.

Such scheme does not exist at the moment, unfortunately.

- Volodya

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com