Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-01-22 12:49:00

Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Roland Schwarz wrote:
>
>>> I feel that if a library author is willing to devote effort to backward
>>> compatibility he should rather be encouraged than hampered.
>> Humm, yes. But why put the load on the regression runners then?
>> Regression runners mainly contribute CPU cycles, not development. Isn't
>> this the duty of the library author to make everything as smooth as
>> possible? Preparing a suitable run of regressions is part of these
>> duties. Not?
>
> I think it would be good to have a scheme where all possible setup
> for regression runners, except for the set of installed compilers,
> is centrally managed, so that regression runners won't ever
> have to tweak anything at all. Or better yet -- won't be able
> to change anything.
>
> Such scheme does not exist at the moment, unfortunately.

That's how BuildBot works. The master machine has the configuration for
all the bots which it transmits to each to control what and how they run
actions.

PS. To answer a much earlier question about whatever happened to using
buildbot for Boost. I've been swamped since last Summer, and the machine
that was my Linux server only came back online recently. So I haven't
the free time to work on it.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com