Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-02-08 09:18:38

Nicola Musatti wrote:
> Hallo,
> I'm planning to run some tests locally on my machine with VC++ 6 and I'd like to
> use the same setup that regression runners use. I noticed that most runners
> refer to VC++ 6.5 which I take it to mean VC++ 6 with SP5 installed. Is this the
> case? Are there specific reasons not to install SP6? Assuming runners do not use
> it, that is.

Your posting triggered me, to look which SP I really have.
It seems I am already using SP6 for testing. I looked up
the version of file VC98/bin/c1.dll which is

12.0.9782.0 in SP6
and
12.0.8867.0 in SP5
and I guess
12.0.8168.0 in the core set.

(I obtained these numbers from the update CD's)

I am not sure why the toolset name is 6.5. I am primarily using it
because it is the one that is included in the release set.
Since the compiler is expected to be retired from the boost lib
after the 1.34 release, I think there is no point in being
overly picky about the name: just use the latest version you have.

I don't think the _MSC_VER will be even different between the SP's.
But I am not really sure on this.

Roland
aka. speedsnail

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com