Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-26 09:48:13

on Mon Mar 26 2007, Roland Schwarz <roland.schwarz-AT-chello.at> wrote:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>> If I understand your complaint correctly, it's not a bug.
>
> No, it's a bug that has been confirmed by you.
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.build/15192

No, that's a different but related problem. Martin's complaint, IIUC,
is that if you misspell a toolset version name on the command-line,
you can end up autoconfiguring a different toolset than the one you
intended to use, which is configured in your xxx-config.jam.

> But this of course is not a python problem (I am just mentioning
> this because we are in a python thread)

Yes. And as nobody seems to be telling me in general how to parse
toolset descriptions like xxx-vvv-sss-ttt, or what the intended
semantics are, it probably won't be fixed, at least not by me.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com