Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-26 10:05:08

on Sun Mar 25 2007, "Caleb Epstein" <caleb.epstein-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> the fact that *I* just taught *you* something about Python really
> makes my Sunday :-)

Oh, I guess you'd be amazed at the extent of what I don't know :)

> Hm, I didn't think about the interpreter requirement. I think the
> likelihood of a system having the Python libraries installed without
> the Python interpreter at build-time would be pretty slim though.

Maybe, but the latest python.jam code does account for it.

> FYI this is from CVS-HEAD not RC_1_34_0, so what would be the reason
> for not making a change "right now"?

I can only work on one branch of python.jam at a time right now :)

Once I get rc 1.34.0 stabilized I can merge everything back to HEAD
and handle in that way. Also there's little point in making a big
change on HEAD, as it's *so* outdated.

> It looks like Martin Wille suggested this change almost exactly a year ago:
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.devel/139601/focus=139948

Missed that; too bad.

--
Dave Abrahams