Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Martin Wille (mw8329_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-27 07:09:05

Roland Schwarz wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:
>> No, that's a different but related problem. Martin's complaint, IIUC,
>> is that if you misspell a toolset version name on the command-line,
>> you can end up autoconfiguring a different toolset than the one you
>> intended to use, which is configured in your xxx-config.jam.

FWIW, that was not my complaint. In fact, my understanding of
Boost.Build wasn't deep enough to realize that there could be a reason
to complain.

My question was which of the several way to invoke bjam with toolsets
arguments is the canonical one. I still think not use --toolset= leaves
some room for confusion. What happens if I name the build target for my
generic caching component 'gcc'? What is 'bjam gcc' supposed to mean in
that context?

A related question is: why are there several ways of passing arguments
to bjam? I'm sure I'm not the only one who gets confused by this.

Regards,

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com