Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-30 13:17:04

on Sun Mar 25 2007, "Caleb Epstein" <caleb.epstein-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/ynjs5o
>
> This test makes use of facilities in Python that require linking with
> -lrt on Solaris. I think we have covered this ground in the past,
> though I am having difficulty finding a precise reference. This
> thread is a similar one where the Jamfiles were requesting a link with
> non-existent-on-Solaris libutil (a BSD-ism I believe):
>
> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.testing/1010/
>
> Would it not make more sense to ask Python itself what libraries it
> needs, rather than having this encoded in the Jamfiles? It looks to
> me like this might work:
>
> #!/usr/bin/env python
> from distutils import sysconfig
> print sysconfig.get_config_vars()['LIBS']
>
> This outputs:
>
> -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -lrt -ldl
>
> on my platform (SunOS moma 5.10 Generic_Patch_118844-30 i86pc i386 i86pc)

According to the latest test results, it looks like python.jam is
adding an extra -lpthread :(.

So I can remove that, but it also is not adding any of -lresolv,
-lsocket, or -lnsl. The earlier error messages seemed to indicate
that it was OK. I wonder why? I'm inclined not to add them to the
jam file in case some other sunos installation complains like yours
did about -lpthread.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting