Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Caleb Epstein (caleb.epstein_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-25 10:20:19

See:

    http://tinyurl.com/ynjs5o

This test makes use of facilities in Python that require linking with
-lrt on Solaris. I think we have covered this ground in the past,
though I am having difficulty finding a precise reference. This
thread is a similar one where the Jamfiles were requesting a link with
non-existent-on-Solaris libutil (a BSD-ism I believe):

   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.testing/1010/

Would it not make more sense to ask Python itself what libraries it
needs, rather than having this encoded in the Jamfiles? It looks to
me like this might work:

    #!/usr/bin/env python
    from distutils import sysconfig
    print sysconfig.get_config_vars()['LIBS']

This outputs:

     -lresolv -lsocket -lnsl -lrt -ldl

on my platform (SunOS moma 5.10 Generic_Patch_118844-30 i86pc i386 i86pc)

PS. Looking at the v2 python.jam, I see that the rt library is added
via an "extra-libs-conditional" directive. This doesn't appear in the
link line for this test however.

--
Caleb Epstein

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com