Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Benson Margulies (bim2007_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-21 12:33:33

I ran into some difficulties trying to use the boost libraries with Sun
CC 5.8 on Solaris. So, I thought I'd contribute to sorting this out by
running the regression system.

I didn't get very far. There is an internal inconsistency in the name of
the toolset for Sun CC: some things think the name is 'sunpro' (e.g.
regression.py) other things think it is 'sun' (e.g. the version of bjam
included in 1.34.0).

Another contributor to the 'users' list suggested using the gcc toolset
to build bjam and process_jam_log, but I got into other problems with
the gcc toolset when I tried that. It looks like bjam insists on the use
of GNU ld rather than Sun ld.

I don't have a GCC like that lying around, as far as I know.

Anyway, is anyone else regressing the library with Sun CC 5.8?

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com