Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: K. Noel Belcourt (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-21 13:25:11

On Jun 21, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> I ran into some difficulties trying to use the boost libraries with
> Sun
> CC 5.8 on Solaris. So, I thought I'd contribute to sorting this out by
> running the regression system.

Great.

> I didn't get very far. There is an internal inconsistency in the
> name of
> the toolset for Sun CC: some things think the name is 'sunpro' (e.g.
> regression.py) other things think it is 'sun' (e.g. the version of
> bjam
> included in 1.34.0).

This is a known issue that will be fixed in cvs head fairly soon
(we'll be using sun consistently and dropping the use of sunpro).

> Another contributor to the 'users' list suggested using the gcc
> toolset
> to build bjam and process_jam_log

What that user said was use Sun to build bjam and use Gcc to build
process_jam_log, since both sun-5.7 and sun-5.8 compilers seg fault
when compiling process_jam_log.cpp.

> , but I got into other problems with the gcc toolset when I tried
> that. It looks like bjam insists on the use of GNU ld rather than
> Sun ld.

This has been fixed, no?

> Anyway, is anyone else regressing the library with Sun CC 5.8?

Yes, I regress sun-5.7 and sun-5.8 toolsets every night but I've been
having problems posting the regression test results to Metacomm.

-- Noel

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com