Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-04 01:53:54

David Abrahams wrote:
> on Tue Jul 03 2007, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin-AT-tid.es> wrote:
>

>> Not much, really. I've seen it appear and go at random places
>> in MSVC 8.0 regression testers for more than a year if my memory
>> serves me well.
>>

> How do you know? I mean, what characterizes this problem?
>

>> Some evidence suggests that the problem does not
>> appear for usual IDE settings (see http://tinyurl.com/2fgwqf ).
>> A search on support.microsoft.com yields the following articles:

>> none of which apply directly to MSVC++ 8.0. Some of the articles
>> are related to incremental linking --whether this feature could
>> also be the culprit here I don't know. Some further evidence
>> pointing to incremental linking here: http://tinyurl.com/3259pu .
>>
>> I'm sorry I can't give more helpful info,
>>

> Well it sounds from the above like you're saying that "the problem" is
> always an ICE. In that case it's a toolchain bug and I have no qualms
> about asking the tester to re-run the test to clear it. Victor, what
> do you think?

I just deleted boost/limits.hpp which will look like something
changed. I'll check my results in the AM

I like the idea of adding the link option to the test, I'll see if I can
spot some easy to do that....
Tomorrow being the 4th, we're gonna be doing stuff in town until after
the fireworks (they start around 10PM) so I may not get to look until
Thursday

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com