Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-07-03 12:11:30

on Tue Jul 03 2007, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin-AT-tid.es> wrote:

> Not much, really. I've seen it appear and go at random places
> in MSVC 8.0 regression testers for more than a year if my memory
> serves me well.

How do you know? I mean, what characterizes this problem?

> Some evidence suggests that the problem does not
> appear for usual IDE settings (see http://tinyurl.com/2fgwqf ).
> A search on support.microsoft.com yields the following articles:

> none of which apply directly to MSVC++ 8.0. Some of the articles
> are related to incremental linking --whether this feature could
> also be the culprit here I don't know. Some further evidence
> pointing to incremental linking here: http://tinyurl.com/3259pu .
>
> I'm sorry I can't give more helpful info,

Well it sounds from the above like you're saying that "the problem" is
always an ICE. In that case it's a toolchain bug and I have no qualms
about asking the tester to re-run the test to clear it. Victor, what
do you think?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting