Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-06 03:19:49

"Vial, Florent" <fvial_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>>> AFAIK, the proxy I specified supports the ftp. So I do not know what
>>> failed.
>
>>The error most likely means that your proxy does not in fact let
>>through an FTP connection to "fx.meta-comm.com" (the server where the
>>script tries to upload the results to). You probably need to
>>explicitly open (passive) FTP-specific ports.
>
> Thank you Aelksey, you were right indeed. Actually the proxy I specified
> spupports http but does not support ftp. Ftp works only for me if i do
> _not_ specify a proxy. So I am left with a useless regression.py script,
> since I would need something like :
>
> regression.py --http-proxy=http://my.proxy.com:80 --ftp-proxy=none
>
> As far as I understood, using "--proxy" will specify both the http and
> ftp proxies ?

Actually, looking at the code, the "--proxy" parameter is only used for
HTTP downloads, so, if the above is true, theoretically everything should
just work for you. Could it be that your manual FTP connections are being
transparently routed through a proxy that you don't know about?

> And I cannot use an empty "--ftp-proxy".

"--ftp-proxy" is not set by default.

> Is there something I could do ?

Did I understand you correctly that you can in fact connect to
ftp://fx.meta-comm.com
through an interactive FTP session?

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy