Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-16 03:42:05

Doug Gregor wrote:

[...]

>> Up to now I have used CVS/SSH to access the boost repository through
>> our company firewall.
>>
>> Now I'm facing the problem that the recommended substitute for SVN
>>
>> svn co svn+ssh://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk boost

[...]

> Where did you see the "svn+ssh" bit? You aren't the first person to
> have tried this, so I'm wondering if something is incorrectly
> documented on one of Boost's web pages...

The subversion FAQ recommends it as the equivalent of the CVS/SSH
access method. And HTTP(S) is not an option, unfortunately. Our
HTTP(S) proxy needs NTLM authentication and AFAIK this is mostly
unsupported by Unix tools. At least I never got it to work with SVN.

Oh, and HTTP wouldn't work anyway because of the HTTP extension
methods used by WebDAV, which is the protocol used when using the HTTP
access method, if I'm not mistaken.

Markus

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com