Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-16 03:58:52

K. Noel Belcourt wrote:

[...]

> Perhaps we need to add a section to the Wiki to help people who are
> behind firewalls.
>
> I added this to my .subversion/servers file to access svn from behind
> our firewall.
>
> [groups]
> boost = svn.boost.org
>
> [boost]
> http-proxy-host = proxy.sandia.gov
> http-proxy-port = 80
>
> You'll need to customize this for your own site, of course.

Do you know how to get this to work for a proxy requiring NTLM
authentication? This isn't supported by SVN, or is it?

I'm thinking about using a local proxy doing the authentication stuff
like so:

      HTTP(S) HTTP(S) HTTP(S)
SVN <------> Local Proxy <------> Company Proxy <------> SVN Server
                            NTLM

But I have no idea if this will actually work, and I will still need
to use HTTPS because of the WebDAV protocol used by SVN.

And besides, I would need to replace the public SSH key used for CVS
access by a password (for NTLM) stored in plain text in a
configuration file which is rather bad.

Markus

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com