Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Christopher Cambly (ccambly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-08-30 16:25:32

> This is a recent addition. This problem occurred when I first
> uploaded it. I've made modifications and uploaded again.
> I've tested it on both vc-7.1 as well as gcc-3.4.
>
> What compiler is used by your AIX system? What is the error message?
>
> Robert Ramey

The compiler is IBM XL C/C++ V9, but the issue appears with V6, V7 and V8
as well.

I should have looked at this a little closer. The compile problem appears
to be an actual compiler
bug with ibmxl.

In library_status.cpp, if I change the typedef in struct col_node to remove
the const qualifier on std::string ie)

struct col_node {
        //typedef std::map<const std::string, col_node> subcolumns_t;
        typedef std::map<std::string, col_node> subcolumns_t;
..
    };

the compile error disappears.

The compile error is that std::allocator<...>::address(const_reference)
const is not matched correctly.
I'll open a bug report internally to track this particular problem.

Chris Cambly
XL C++ Compiler Development

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com