Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-13 20:12:54

Beman Dawes wrote:
> In the "Running Boost Regression Tests" docs, there is no mention in the
> Installation section of the need to provide a user-config.jam file. Yet
> without such a file, bjam fails because a couple of the tests require
> python.
>
> There should be a bullet item saying you need to supply a
> user-config.jam file, what it should contain, and where it should go.
>
> The minimal contents, according to the Boost.Python docs, are:
>
> import toolset : using ;
> using python ;

I believe Dave mentioned he was going to remove the conditional which
doesn't define the BPL libs if Python isn't configured.

> Where it should go seems to be ~ on POSIX-like systems, and the
> directory given by ECHO %HOMEDRIVE%%HOMEPATH% on Windows systems.

There's a whole set of docs on that subject :-)

> I'd make the changes myself, but I'm allergic to .rst documentation.

Well there's always just rewriting in straight XHTML. I added a ticker
for that <http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/1265>.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com