Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-15 11:57:42

Beman Dawes wrote:

I the order is wrong on these ;-)

> What can be done to fix the immediate problem?
>
> Why did the problem occur?

And that one should be first. I'm looking to see what might be going on.
FYI, by default the bjam logs for runs is uploaded to
<ftp://fx.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/trunk/logs>. Those are
sometimes useful in tracking down testing problems.

> What can be done to ensure the problem does not reoccur?

Hm, hard question to tackle, since managing multiple disparate processes
is never easy.

> What can be done to automatically detect and report the problem if it
> does reoccur?

The one idea that needs investigation, that Robert has mentioned a few
times, is in doing regression testing for the testing system itself, and
related tools. We have tests for some of the tools involved, mainly
bjam, Booost.Build, and some others, but the coverage and depth is
spotty. The one idea I've had is to create a mini-Boost branch that can
track the current state but runs a minimal set of tests. I.e. black-box
testing the testing system as a whole.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com