Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-21 09:36:51

On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 08:32 -0400, Beman Dawes wrote:
> For testers using subversion update, the revision number is obtained
> directly by regression.py.
>
> For testers using tarballs, the revision number has to be included in
> the tarball. Assuming the tarball is to be created from a local working
> copy, boost-root, the revision number can be included in the tarball by
> executing this command before creating the tarball:
>
> svn info boost-root >boost-root/svn_info.txt
>
> IIRC, the tarball is actually created by a somewhat different process,
> and so the above probably isn't exactly how the svn_info.txt file will
> have to be created. Also, if boost-root isn't convenient as the location
> for svn_info.txt, please let me know a more convenient location.

It might be simpler to just have Subversion do the keyword substitutions
to put the actual revision number into a file in the Boost tree. It's
also relatively good for tracking where a tree actually came from.
boost-root/README would be an appropriate place for this.

(BTW, *thank you* for doing this)

        - Doug

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com