Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: K. Noel Belcourt (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-21 18:56:06

On Sep 20, 2007, at 1:09 PM, K. Noel Belcourt wrote:

> I just checked in the mods to execunix.c and output.c. I also
> touched option_l.jam because once I added the time out diagnostic,
> test.sh began reporting errors.
>
> Tested on Sun, Ibm, Sgi and Linux variants.

Hi,

I just committed a patch to trunk that fixes a bug in the -lx unix
timeout code. If you run Boost trunk regression tests on a unix
system, the timeout code may not have killed all processes when an
action timed out. If you run ps, you may see some Boost regression
test processes (such as compiles) that are owned by init (process 1)
or that are zombies. These would be the processes that bjam failed
to terminate correctly and they should be killed.

Details if you're interested.

If, for example, you had a g++ compile that timed out, bjam would
kill the g++ process but it may not have terminated processes spawned
by g++, such as cc1plus. The patch I just committed to trunk fixes
this by making the bjam forked action (such as g++) a session leader
so that when g++ times out and is killed, any processes started by g+
+ are also killed.

-- Noel

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com