Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-25 10:57:47

Sebastian Redl wrote:
> Phil Endecott wrote:
>> Suggestion: abandon this stuff, and write it again in Python or C++.
>> I speak from my own previous bad experience of this language, which I
>> will not use again.
>>
> Aside from being complex, it's also rather big. And an imperative
> version would be even bigger. So I'm not sure if that's such a good idea.

 From personal experience I can say that's likely not true :-) ... I did
such a port for the doxygen2boostbook.xsl (49.7K)
<http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/trunk/tools/boostbook/xsl/doxygen/>
to Python (35.7K)
<http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/browser/trunk/tools/build/v2/tools/doxproc.py>.
A 14K difference (~30%), and that includes a larger comment/code ratio
on the Python code.

Regardless the ideal, which has been mentioned before, is to go directly
to a database and generate the pages dynamically.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com