Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-27 01:51:03

Jason Sankey wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The latest couple of builds on the demo Pulse server have failed to
> complete due to what appears to be a hanging interprocess test. The
> last output lines can be seen here:
>
> http://pulse.zutubi.com/tailRecipeLog.action?id=1081629&buildId=1015903
>
> Changes in the first hung build are here:
>
> http://pulse.zutubi.com/viewChanges.action?id=1015903
>
> I guess either change 39545 or 39546 is the cause.
>
> What is the most appropriate way to communicate such a failure to
> someone who can resolve the cause? I hope in time the build server will
> become useful enough that people will sign up for notifications and fix
> these issues as they happen, but until then I may be the first to notice
> a failure.

We've noticed that and similar hangs recently. Which is why Noel spent
time last week implementing the bjam time limit feature on Unix we've
had on Windows for some time. Just add a "-l300", or more than 300
seconds if you like, to the bjam invocation that runs the tests.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com