Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-27 12:46:18

I've been watching my Linux machine take incrementally more and more
time processing the regression results and uploading them to the OSL
server. If I'm lucky not too many new results come in, and it takes 3.5
hours (it used to take about half that). Still not entirely bad... But
the really bad part is that the generated results, which are compressed
into a ZIP file, takes more than 200M. It takes a long time to upload
that through my limited pipe. So I'm looking for suggestions on how to
improve the turn around time, and of course suggestions on how to reduce
the over all resources needed are welcome... Note, I'm looking for
things we can do quickly.

The one though I've had so far is to use "rsync" instead of uploading a
ZIP, and them zipping on the OSL server. But the uncompressed sources
are more than 1.5Gig so it would make for close to 2Gig of disk space
use on the OSL server. Which is something I'd rather avoid.

So, any clever ideas out there?

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com