Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-27 18:27:34

K. Noel Belcourt wrote:
> I was hoping to start testing essentially this whole matrix on our
> machines. Will the testing system scale up if I were to start
> testing this whole matrix? Can anyone envision problems?
>
>From my little experience with it, I'm pretty sure that the time
required to generate the summary tables from the test XML is worse than
linear in complexity - considerably worse. (On my machine, ~10 seconds
with one result ZIP, ~1 minute with 3, ~5 minutes with 6 - and that was
with a bug that resulted in the data not actually being used.)

That's just one part of the testing system, but it has to happen on one
machine.

Sebastian Redl

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com