Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-05 11:49:13

The release branch has been created, using Version_1_34_1 as the
starting point. The URL is //svn.boost.org/svn/boost/branches/release.

For now, no one except the release management team should commit to the
release branch.

We need to set up the infrastructure and start testing on this branch.

Rene has agreed to be testing manager; this is really just precognition
of the role he has already been playing. So this post is really a
question to Rene: who needs to do what to get us started?

My preference is that testers currently testing on trunk don't have to
do anything unless they want to. We still need good test coverage on the
trunk. Any current tester who has the resources is welcome to also test
on the release branch, or switch to release branch testing.

Please keep in mind that nothing will get merged from trunk to release
until it is passing tests on the trunk. The trunk continues to be the
primary focus of developer effort. Testing on the release branch is
really just confirmation that our process is working.

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com