Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-14 21:50:37

On Sun, 14 Oct 2007 09:15:18 -0500, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Rene Rivera wrote:
>> Beman Dawes wrote:
>>> I noticed your commit "Partial rework of regression scripts for branch
>>> independent testing."
>>>
>>> Can I do anything to help with this work? I'd really like to get
>>> testing
>>> started on the release branch, and would be happy to do the report
>>> generation here.
>>
>> I'm almost done with the changes...
>
> Hum... I looked at src/regression.py and realized you've got something
> different in mind than I was expecting.
>
> My expectation was that regression.py changes would be limited to being
> able to pass in the path on the ftp server, currently hard-wired to
> '/boost-regression'.

What relationship does it have WRT "branch independent testing"? Results
 from different branches go into different subdirectories under
ftp://fx.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/.

Generally speaking, regression.py has supported running regression tests
on any number of branches since its inception -- see
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.testing/1602/, for example.
What Rene is working on (if I understood him correctly) is the ability
to run regressions on any branch *using the regression tools on the
trunk, exculusively*.

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering