Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-15 11:23:48

John Maddock wrote:
> Beman Dawes wrote:
>>> Hm... We don't need to merge. The point of the changes I'm doing to
>>> regression.py is to allow one to use the trunk tools to test any
>>> branch (with the one limitation of having to use Boost.Filesystem
>>> from the tested branch).
>> But we want to test the tools on the release branch! How else will we
>> know they work? We have to merge them sooner or later, if they are to
>> go in the 1.35.0 release.
>
> Right, and I'm sure there are libraries that will depend on an updated tool
> chain: even if it's just a requirement for quickbook-1.4. Actually that one
> might be the most problematic ones to merge: does it depend on the trunk
> version of spirit/fusion?
>
> But as Beman says, we have to do this sooner or later, I would vote for:
>
> tools.
> core libraries.
> new/updated libraries.
>
> In that order.

That's pretty much my plan.

Right now progress is stalled waiting for the script updates that will
allow us to start testing the release branch. The tarball problems
aren't helping either.

If the logjam isn't broken by later today, I'm planning to start testing
using the smoke test script as a workaround.

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com