Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-15 04:48:36

Beman Dawes wrote:
>> Hm... We don't need to merge. The point of the changes I'm doing to
>> regression.py is to allow one to use the trunk tools to test any
>> branch (with the one limitation of having to use Boost.Filesystem
>> from the tested branch).
>
> But we want to test the tools on the release branch! How else will we
> know they work? We have to merge them sooner or later, if they are to
> go in the 1.35.0 release.

Right, and I'm sure there are libraries that will depend on an updated tool
chain: even if it's just a requirement for quickbook-1.4. Actually that one
might be the most problematic ones to merge: does it depend on the trunk
version of spirit/fusion?

But as Beman says, we have to do this sooner or later, I would vote for:

tools.
core libraries.
new/updated libraries.

In that order.