Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Niko Demmel (niko.demmel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-24 16:20:37

On 24/10/2007 00:58, Boris Gubenko wrote:
> Niko Demmel wrote:
>
>> I seem to have a different (or another) problem. process_jam_log isn't
>> even built. I guess from the output that something's not right with the
>> toolset configuration ("warning: No toolsets are configured."). Here is
>> what I invoke and the output I get. Does anyone know whats going wrong?
>> (I built boost 1_34_1 without problems).
>>

> If your user-config.jam is not in the home directory, you need to define
> env. variable BOOST_BUILD_USER_CONFIG to point to it. For example:
>
> export BOOST_BUILD_PATH=`pwd`
> export BOOST_BUILD_USER_CONFIG=$BOOST_BUILD_PATH/user-config.jam
>
> With Boost 1.34.1, it was not necessary and it may be the reason why
> your build fails in trunk. Just guessing.

You were right. I ended up copying the user-config.jam from the 1_34_1
build to the home directory. Is there some sort of auto configure for
regression.py? The toolset is pretty straight forward to add manually,
but the python configuration is not. The instructions on how to run
regression tests are not mentioning user-config.jam at all:
http://www.boost.org/tools/regression/xsl_reports/runner/instructions.html

Anyway the test now seemed to work and strangely I did _not_ have the
issue with process_jam_log not being found.
Can I expect the results on the regression page of the boost website or
are those only known and "trusted" testers?

Thanks for your help,
Nikolaus

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com