Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Niko Demmel (niko.demmel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-25 11:58:44

On 25/10/2007 17:18, Vladimir Prus wrote:
> Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
>

>> On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 15:36:53 -0500, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]>
>> wrote:

>>> Yea, we need to make new instructions.
>>>
>> I'd much prefer Boost.Build to reduce the level of the initial
>> setup hassle, which has raised significantly by v1 to v2 switch.
>> The more intimidating and demanding the setup instructions are,
>> the less volunteers we get.
>>

> The V2 specific instructions, found at:
>
> https://zigzag.cs.msu.su:7813/boost.build/wiki/TestingOnBoost
>
> involve writing two lines in user-config.jam. I don't think we can get
> much better than that.
>
> Everything else is regression.py voodoo.

Not being an expert and not having run regression tests before I was
impressed by how simple regression.py is to use, once I found out about
the user-config.jam.

Its a bit counter intuitive how the --toolsets parameter for
regression.py doesn't seem to be passed on to bbv2.

Couldn't regression.py also auto generate the user-config.jam if its not
found, like the configure script for building a boost release does?

Anyway as long as the instructions at

http://www.boost.org/tools/regression/xsl_reports/runner/instructions.html
are updated with respect to user-config.jam, its reasonably simple as it is.

Regards,
Niko

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com