Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-25 11:19:17

Niko Demmel wrote:
> I use the tarball and its name containes "trunk". Maybe the tarball is
> too old (I thought it was only lagging behind the svn like 4 hours),
> or the tests are not run due to some misconfiguration on my side.

Well the current tarball is up to date - I've just checked - but there is no
SVN revision number in your results, and tests that have been present for
several weeks aren't showing up. I wonder if you need an updated script
from:
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/tools/regression/xsl_reports/runner/regression.py ?

> I still get some notes and warning from regression.py, but it doesn't
> look like they have anything to do with the Boost.Math:
>
> warning: Graph library does not contain optional GraphML reader.
> note: to enable GraphML support, set EXPAT_INCLUDE and EXPAT_LIBPATH
> to the note: directories containing the Expat headers and libraries,
> respectively. warning: skipping optional Message Passing Interface
> (MPI) library.
> note: to enable MPI support, add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam.
> note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-mpi" to bjam.
> note: otherwise, you can safely ignore this message.
> Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
> Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
> (don't panic: this is a strictly optional feature).

Hmm, you should also see:

Building Boost.Thread without optional pthread support
If you need pthread you should specify the paths.
For example:
PTW32_INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\ptw32\Pre-built2\include
PTW32_LIB=C:\Program Files\ptw32\Pre-built2\lib\pthreadVC2.lib

Which has only recently been added (last couple of days).

> I'm running another test right now with the current tarball and will
> out for those tests in the log.
> Or shall I rather use svn?

It's up to you. However, if you use SVN then you're always up to date and
running incremental tests is easier (no need to download the whole thing
then). Just add --user=anonymous to use SVN and --incremental if you want
to "quickly" cycle incremental runs.

The up to date docs are at:
http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/tools/regression/xsl_reports/runner/instructions.html
BTW if you haven't found them already :-)

Regards, John.

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com