Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Niko Demmel (niko.demmel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-10-25 18:44:09

On 25/10/2007 17:19, John Maddock wrote:
> Niko Demmel wrote:
>
>> I use the tarball and its name containes "trunk". Maybe the tarball is
>> too old (I thought it was only lagging behind the svn like 4 hours),
>> or the tests are not run due to some misconfiguration on my side.
>>

> Well the current tarball is up to date - I've just checked - but there is no
> SVN revision number in your results, and tests that have been present for
> several weeks aren't showing up. I wonder if you need an updated script
> from:
> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/tools/regression/xsl_reports/runner/regression.py ?

I did indeed have a different regression.py and use this now. I thought
it would auto update after each run...

>> I still get some notes and warning from regression.py, but it doesn't
>> look like they have anything to do with the Boost.Math:
>>
>> warning: Graph library does not contain optional GraphML reader.
>> note: to enable GraphML support, set EXPAT_INCLUDE and EXPAT_LIBPATH
>> to the note: directories containing the Expat headers and libraries,
>> respectively. warning: skipping optional Message Passing Interface
>> (MPI) library.
>> note: to enable MPI support, add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam.
>> note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-mpi" to bjam.
>> note: otherwise, you can safely ignore this message.
>> Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
>> Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
>> (don't panic: this is a strictly optional feature).
>>

> Hmm, you should also see:

> Building Boost.Thread without optional pthread support
> If you need pthread you should specify the paths.
> For example:
> PTW32_INCLUDE=C:\Program Files\ptw32\Pre-built2\include
> PTW32_LIB=C:\Program Files\ptw32\Pre-built2\lib\pthreadVC2.lib
>
> Which has only recently been added (last couple of days).

I did not see that (maybe I didnt get as far, see below)

>> I'm running another test right now with the current tarball and will
>> out for those tests in the log.
>> Or shall I rather use svn?
>>

> It's up to you. However, if you use SVN then you're always up to date and
> running incremental tests is easier (no need to download the whole thing
> then). Just add --user=anonymous to use SVN and --incremental if you want
> to "quickly" cycle incremental runs.

The latest regression.py from the svn trunk (with both tarball and svn)
failes when building process_jam_log.
 From the output of regression.py:

darwin.compile.c++ bin/darwin/release/process_jam_log.o
../../../boost/test/impl/execution_monitor.ipp: In constructor
'boost::detail::signal_action::signal_action(int, bool, bool, char*)':
../../../boost/test/impl/execution_monitor.ipp:541: error: expected
id-expression before '(' token

    "g++" -ftemplate-depth-128 -O3 -finline-functions -Wno-inline -Wall
-fPIC -dynamic -Wno-long-double -no-cpp-precomp -DBOOST_ALL_NO_LIB=1
-DBOOST_FILESYSTEM_STATIC_LINK=1 -DBOOST_SYSTEM_STATIC_LINK=1
-DBOOST_THREAD_POSIX -DNDEBUG -I"../../.." -c -o
"bin/darwin/release/process_jam_log.o" "../src/process_jam_log.cpp"

...failed darwin.compile.c++ bin/darwin/release/process_jam_log.o...

Any ideas?

Regards,
Niko

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com