Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-11-20 07:13:50

John Pavel wrote:
>> I noticed the info wasn't really accurate after that first run. So I
>> changed the script to report both a current and previous date. And
> went
>> to bed... I wake up and the machine has rebooted because of a power
>> outage :-( So I just restarted the result generation script.
>>

> I remain puzzled about how this is working.
>
> Currently, it the report info page says:
>
> previous run Thu Nov 15 02:39:20 UTC 2007
>
> current run Thu Nov 15 09:54:19 UTC 2007
>
> which suggests a 7 1/4h cycle. The results appeared around 18-19:00
> UTC, ie 11h or so later.
>
> My expectation of the results changing every 2-3 hours seems
> misconceived. Can anyone enlighten me?

I'm asking myself the same question. The report info page currently tells me:

previous run: Mon Nov 19 14:17:30 UTC 2007
current run: Mon Nov 19 22:18:07 UTC 2007

The time of the current run matches the time of the report found at the top
of the report info page.

At the time of writing this mail, date -u report Tue Nov 20 12:05:59 UTC 2007.

So, each run takes about 8 hours. That would mean that the next run should
have happened at 06:18 today. But now it's already 6 hours later, and still
the results from yesterday are showing.

So what do these timestamps actually mean? The start of the report
generation cycle? Or the end of it? And is each cycle really taking 8
hours, or is the generation of the release branch results included here?
(BTW, where can I find a link to the current release branch results?)

Also, the report generation machine shows a load average of 0.15/0.03/0.01,
which doesn't seem right to me if the reports are really regenerated
continuously.

Could you please enlighten us, Rene?

TIA, Markus

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com