Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Christopher Cambly (ccambly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-14 17:36:34

Jonathan Turkanis <turkanis_at_[hidden]> wrote on 13/01/2008 12:50:12 PM:

> Jonathan Turkanis <turkanis_at_[hidden]>
>
> Christopher Cambly wrote:
> >> Christopher Cambly/Toronto/IBM_at_IBMCA
> >> Sent by: boost-testing-bounces_at_[hidden]
>
> > I did a little more experimentation. The test works correctly when
> > address-model=64 (with a patch to vacpp.jam for the vacpp.archive
action).

> One more thing: what is the patch to vacpp.jam? I'd like to explain how
> to enable large file support in the Iostreams documentation.

I posted the patch to Boost.Build mailing list last Friday but I do not see
the message. Strange.

It is just a patch to correct the vacpp.archive action with
address-model=64. Currently, it generates incorrect archive command ie) ar
ru-X ru64... when it should be ar -X 64 ru... Its a minor jamfile change
but archiving will fail in 64 bit without it. It does not affect Iostreams
specifically it is more of a general 64 bit build issue.

Chris Cambly
XL C++ Compiler Development

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com