Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Christopher Cambly (ccambly_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-01-16 12:05:20

Jonathan Turkanis <turkanis_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> My goal is to take advantage of the 64-bit aware functions whenever they
> are available. If I understand the document correctly, unless
> _LARGE_FILES is defined, if I use plain lseek instead of lseek64, I will
> get the 32-bit versions, which is not what I want.
>
> Based on the AIX developer's remarks above, I'm now wondering whether I
> could just use lseek64 unconditionally on AIX (instead of using lseek
> unconditionally, as suggested).

I had the same thought at one point. Though not "unconditionally", I
suspect that if _LONG_LONG is defined you can assume that the 64 bit
variants are always available. I did some trivial tests and that appears
to be true.

> I think I may add a couple of tests to verify which functions are
> available with which options.

If you would like me to test something for you let me know.

Chris Cambly
XL C/C++ Compiler Development

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com