Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Aleksey Gurtovoy (agurtovoy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-23 18:04:18

Hi Paul,

> Has anyone tested Boost 1.34.1 against gcc 4.3.0?

I'm sure somebody has. It's not being tested against the trunk
nor against 1.35 release branch at the moment, though.

> How do I find out if this has been done?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Boost+1.34.1+gcc+4.3.0&btnG=Search
:)

> Also, how do I run the regression test myself? I have a few issues so far:
>
> 1. The test documented http://www.boost.org/tools/regression/index.htm
> runs
> against http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost/snapshot/ and I (first)
> want to test Boost 1.34.1.

You can use '--local' option to instruct 'regression.py' to use a
local copy of the release tarball.

Please note that the instructions above are applicable to
testing against 1.34.1 and older releases only. To run the tests
against the trunk/1.35 release branch, please refer to
http://beta.boost.org/development/running_regression_tests.html

> 2. As per the thread http://lists.boost.org/boost-testing/2007/08/4607.php
> I get:
> error: Unable to find file or target named
> error: '/boost/python//boost_python'
> error: referred from project at
> error: '../libs/parameter/test'
> (but I'm running SUSE Linux 10.1, not Windows)
>
> 3. The regression test looks like it requires a login password:
> # Uploading log
> archive
> "/home/leopardi/src/boost/regression/results/paul.leopardi-gcc.4.3.0.zip"
> to ftp://fx.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/trunk
> # upload_logs failed with message "530 Login or password incorrect!"

ftp://fx.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/ has been used for holding
test results for past releases and is retired now. If you are trying
to run the test against the trunk, following the new instructions
should resolve this. Uploading 1.34.1 test results will still fail,
let me know if/when you get to that part.

HTH,

--
Aleksey Gurtovoy
MetaCommunications Engineering