Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Paul C. Leopardi (paul.leopardi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-03-15 23:56:23

Hi,
Has anyone tested Boost 1.34.1 against gcc 4.3.0? How do I find out if this
has been done?

Also, how do I run the regression test myself? I have a few issues so far:

1. The test documented http://www.boost.org/tools/regression/index.htm runs
against http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost/snapshot/ and I (first)
want to test Boost 1.34.1.

2. As per the thread http://lists.boost.org/boost-testing/2007/08/4607.php
I get:
error: Unable to find file or target named
error: '/boost/python//boost_python'
error: referred from project at
error: '../libs/parameter/test'
(but I'm running SUSE Linux 10.1, not Windows)

3. The regression test looks like it requires a login password:
# Uploading log
archive "/home/leopardi/src/boost/regression/results/paul.leopardi-gcc.4.3.0.zip"
to ftp://fx.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/trunk
# upload_logs failed with message "530 Login or password incorrect!"

The reason I want to run the regression test is that I have recompiled my
GluCat library with gcc 4.3.0 and it gives a segfault in Boost 1.34.1 uBLAS.
This does not happen with gcc 4.2.3.

I would have thought that since Boost is such a high profile C++ library, and
g++ is such an important C++ compiler, the current Boost release (as well as
HEAD) should get a regression test with every gcc release. To me it would
seem wise for some volunteer Boost or gcc person to build such a test into
the gcc release cycle.

Thanks

Paul Leopardi

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com