Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-11 20:03:48

Rene Rivera wrote:
> K. Noel Belcourt wrote:

>> Would the results processing be able to leverage a multi-core system
>> or is it strictly a serial operation? I'm afraid I've never dug into
>> the results processing.
>
> Hm, perhaps it would. The processing runs xsltproc severals times in
> stages so it might be possible to run some of them in parallel. I'd have
> to look into it.

OK, looked into it. As far as I can tell there are a fair number of
steps that can be run in parallel, and hence would benefit from a
multi-core system (assuming an appropriate amount of RAM is available).
It would take some changes to the Python script to run things
asynchronously though. Ideally it would be as simple as doing some
multi-threading in Python, but that's not something I've ever done.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com