Boost logo

Boost Testing :

From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-06 08:19:39

Darryl Green wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 08:32 +0000, Darryl Green wrote:
>> Darryl Green <darryl.green <at> aanet.com.au> writes:

>> Who is the release manager for 1.37?
>>
>> When does the 1.37 release cycle start?
>>
>> Would it be useful for me to run release tests for 1.37?
>>

> Ping?
>
> Since the start of this thread I have seen my test results for the one
> run I did appear, making me wonder if I should keep doing the runs (but
> no reply so I dare not given the advice to date), and have asked these
> questions about what I should do, and I still have no idea.

Please do not run release tests unless asked by one of the the release
managers. Each additional release test increases the load on the release
reporting system and the release manager. Both are running a close to
maximum capacity already.

> Is trunk testing more important? If thats the preference I can run trunk
> tests instead (or as well)?

Look at the trunk tests at
http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html to
see if you can add to the coverage. The most useful tests would be those
on a platform/compiler combination that isn't currently being tested.

But at this point our test coverage is pretty good. So you might
consider working on trying to resolve issues that affect your platform.
Take a look at failures, particularly those that are working on other
platforms, and try to figure out a fix for the problem. It doesn't do
much good to add evermore test runners if no one is fixing the problems
the testers find.

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com