Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] A Debian/Sid testing machine
From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-17 04:05:59

Steve M. Robbins <steve <at> sumost.ca> writes:
[...]
> BTW are the tools available to produce the nice HTML reports
> (e.g. http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/summary.html)
> so that I can view my results locally?

For this you may use the process_jam_log, compiler_status and/or library_status
tools. The output is different from the official reports, but for personal use I
find it more convenient. Here's an example that's similar to what you can get:
http://bcbboost.sourceforge.net/test/1_35_0/cs-win32.html

With the appropriate options the Fail and Warn cells are links to the
corresponding compiler output. You can find some documentation here:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_36_0/tools/regression/doc/index.html

This is the script I use under Windows to make several different reports:

bjam -a --v2 --dump-tests %* >bjam.log 2>&1
process_jam_log --v2 <bjam.log
compiler_status --v2 %BOOST_ROOT% cs-win32.html
compiler_status --v2 --ignore-pass --no-warn %BOOST_ROOT% cs-win32-fail.html
cs-win32-links.html
compiler_status --v2 --ignore-pass %BOOST_ROOT% cs-win32-warn-or-fail.html
cs-win32-links.html
compiler_status --v2 %BOOST_ROOT% cs-win32-full.html cs-win32-links.html

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com