Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] broken web links (maybe)
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-18 23:43:30

Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 09:42:13AM -0500, Rene Rivera wrote:
>
>> The release summary versions of the results are not generated for trunk
>> as it just eats up more processing time for the results generation. And
>> they aren't all that useful for trunk as they are intended for users
>> more than developers.
>
> Err, I'm not sure which of my questions you are answering here. Maybe
> I was unclear. Let me try again.

I wasn't answering any of your questions :-\

> 1. On http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/summary.html
> the menu item, "Release View", leads to a blank page. If there really
> is no data for this, my suggestion is to remove the link.

There is no data on the trunk version. But there is on the release version.

> 2. On http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/summary.html
> the menu item "Release View" has only two lines of content:
>
> Report Time: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 18:49:38 +0000
> Purpose: Provides Boost developers with visual indication of the SVN "health". For user-level report, see user summary.
>
> This doesn't seem very useful to me, so I'd propose removing this link,
> too.

That's per design. It's possible to have some content in the index page
<http://www.boost.org/development/tests/release/developer/index_release.html>.
As you can see from the trunk & non-release version of the same page
<http://www.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/index.html>.
That content is up to the person running the report generation. Which in
the case of the release results is Beman.

> 3. It would be convenient to have a menu item on each of the above
> pages that takes you to the other.

Yeah... I'll gladly take patches to the XSL templates that generate the
reports to make that happen. And by that I mean... I don't know how to
make that happen.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com