Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] bjam causes regression tests to fail
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-17 07:08:10

Markus Schöpflin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just noticed the following error messages in the bjam.log file of my
> regression runner:
>
> ---%<---
> notice: found boost-build.jam at /vol2/boost/regression/boost/boost-build.jam
> notice: loading Boost.Build from /vol2/boost/regression/tools_bb
> error: escape sequences are not supported
> error: your version of bjam is likely out of date
> error: please get a fresh version from SVN.
> --->%---
>
> AFAICT, this has started today. Anyone else seeing this? Any idea what
> might be causing it?

Oh, rats! The thing is, SVN HEAD version of Boost.Build needs SVN HEAD
version of Boost.Jam in order. If a user has non-SVN Boost.Jam, then
building Boost documentation will fail in a weird say. So, I've added
automatic check. Alas, regression tests use SVN Boost.Build and pinned
release of Boost.Jam.

I don't really know the best solution here -- in general, SVN Boost.Build
will not work with any random past release of Boost.Jam -- see another
message on this matter I've sent earlier.

Rene, may I suggest that:
- Trunk test runs use SVN HEAD of both Boost.Build and Boost.Jam?
- Release test runs use whatever release of Boost.Jam is gonna be
available for users for download?

As a temporary solution, I've changed the error into warning.

- Volodya

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com