Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] RE Cygwin "execvp: Argument list too long" errors
From: Frédéric Bron (frederic.bron_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-18 14:35:49

> mmh. Looks like the "lack of wide charakter support in cygwin" issue.
> There are several threads about that one on the devel mailing list.

Yes but it worked for a long time! so something must have changed
somewhere (not in boost itself: version 3 of filesystem has not been
merge to the trunk yet) but maybe in boost build or regression or ...)

> Why don't you use "--force-update" option for run.py

This is not a very big issue as I heard that I can use this option and
also download tarballs. I do not know why people said it was a
surprise that it worked before on FAT32 disk.

> Well, there have been some changes to Boost.Config recently.
> >From boost/filesystem/config.hpp I get the impression that
> BOOST_NO_STD_WSTRING is/was not defined for cygwin...

OK, I will try to set this macro in my user-config.jam. I hope this
will revive the regression process.

Frédéric Bron

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com