Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: [Boost-testing] question about "stale" tests
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-12 23:33:42

I've observed that the serialization library tests fail on lot's of
platforms even though they seem to pass on similar configurations on my
system.

The changes I've made don't provoke re-build of the library and the tests
don't explicitly depend on the files changed. (I'm not sure how to specify
such a dependency in a jamfile). The DO depend on some of these files but
since the file name is specified through a macro, I don't believe that bjam
is seeing the change and hence not rebuilding the tests. I did change one
test....cpp and if fact it started to pass.

Is there a way that I can request that all the *.cpp files in the the
libs/serialization/test be "touched"?

Robert Ramey

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com