Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] question about "stale" tests
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-12 22:52:05

AMDG

Robert Ramey wrote:
> I've observed that the serialization library tests fail on lot's of
> platforms even though they seem to pass on similar configurations on my
> system.
>
> The changes I've made don't provoke re-build of the library and the tests
> don't explicitly depend on the files changed. (I'm not sure how to specify
> such a dependency in a jamfile). The DO depend on some of these files but
> since the file name is specified through a macro, I don't believe that bjam
> is seeing the change and hence not rebuilding the tests. I did change one
> test....cpp and if fact it started to pass.

Can you tell Boost.Build about the dependency?

Which file is this? I only see three incremental
testers on the trunk, and the only tests that they
fail, should rebuild because of your change to A.hpp
in 62855. Two of them have not updated since then.
All the other testers do a full rebuild every time, so
this is not an issue.

> Is there a way that I can request that all the *.cpp files in the the
> libs/serialization/test be "touched"?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com