Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] [boost]filesystem/v2 failure breaking Darwin testing
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-17 21:06:02

> The problem is the compiler has issues with partial ordering.
>  Boost.Accumulators, and Boost.Proto are other examples of Boost libraries
> that are affected as well. We hope to start work on Core Issue 214 and
> generally fix partial ordering in the process but it will take some time.

OK, we need to build a v2 only library on that system.

trunk/libs/filesystem/build/Jamfile.v2 lines 16-21 look like this:

SOURCES =
    v2/src/v2_operations v2/src/v2_path v2/src/v2_portability
    v3/src/operations v3/src/path v3/src/portability v3/src/utf8_codecvt_facet
    v3/src/codecvt_error_category v3/src/path_traits v3/src/unique_path
    v3/src/windows_file_codecvt
    ;

The three lines that begin v3/... need to be commented out. Hopefully
the tools will then build OK.

I'll try to think up a better workaround, too.

Thanks,

--Beman

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com