Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Darwin/Sandia-intel - looks very problematic
From: Belcourt, Kenneth (kbelco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-14 16:17:56

Hi Artyom,

On Jul 14, 2011, at 1:43 AM, Artyom Beilis wrote:

> It seems that there is a problem with Darwin/Sandia-intel 11 and 12
> compilers - there are lots of faults all over boost libraries
> that most of them are segmentation faults even for
> libraries that has clear record on other platforms compilers.
>
> It looks like there is a problem with installation/configuration
> of these Intel compilers, maybe some ABI clash of some libraries.

Not sure but IIRC, Boost.Test used to be clean under Darwin Intel and there were far fewer problems in the past. I believe most of these failures are due to a memory problem with Boost.Test and Intel on Darwin introduced during the last big revision to the Test library a while ago. Unfortunately I lack the time to debug this for Gennadiy.

> Also what version of Darwin are running there?

[mac02:~] kbelco% uname -a
Darwin mac02.sandia.gov 10.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 10.6.0: Wed Nov 10 18:11:58 PST 2010; root:xnu-1504.9.26~3/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

-- Noel

Boost-testing list run by mbergal at meta-comm.com