Boost logo

Boost Testing :

Subject: Re: [Boost-testing] Darwin/Sandia-intel - looks very problematic
From: Artyom Beilis (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-07-15 09:12:14

I assume you refer to this:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.testing/6609

However from what I can see there mutiple SIGSEGV in tests on Darwin/Intel
that do not happen on other combinations.

   http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/test.html

In any case new Boost.Locale that has numerous ERROR 139 (Access violation)
does not use Boost.Test at all.

I'm not trying to tell the Boost.Locale is bug free but at least
it does not use Boost.Test at all, it was tested with Intel
compilers and it was tested on Mac OS X platform (not together), and
numerous Access Violation issues had never seems to
happen.

Same looks to happen to too many libraries.

Also take a look for example on UUID

  http://beta.boost.org/development/tests/trunk/developer/uuid.html

It has VERY clean record, it does not use Boost.Test as well
for http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/libs/uuid/test/test_serialization.cpp
and it has same ERROR 139 on the same Darwin/Intel combination.

That is why I'm suspicions that it not the problem of Boost.Test.
Maybe some change/code in Boost.Test frequently triggers some common
problem with compiler/libraries but it seems that there may be
some problem that is missed.

Artyom Beilis
CppCMS - C++ Web Framework: http://cppcms.sf.net/
CppDB - C++ SQL Connectivity: http://cppcms.sf.net/sql/cppdb/